Thursday, April 28, 2016

May the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you rule the peoples with equity.

Psalm 67

May the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you rule the peoples with equity. v4

We should be glad and praise God for how He is a just God.  First of all, He knows everything and nothing is hidden from Him.  His justice is based not just on what we have done but on our heart condition - what motivates us and where our idols are.

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open. Luke 8:17


Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them.  And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. Revelation 2:11-13

God is not only just but he is full of patience, mercy, compassion, etc.  Throughout scripture, God has not only forgiven sin but redeemed it for our good and His glory: Jacob, Joseph and His brothers, Moses, David, Peter, Paul, etc.  God sent his one and only son to die in our place so that we could be forgiven and have eternal life (John 3:16).  I have seen such patience, mercy, and compassion in my own life.  Praise God indeed.

My Prayer: Lord You are an awesome God, perfect in all ways, just and merciful and so much more...all at once.  You are the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.  I am grateful that You are in my life and that You came to rescue me, knowing everything about me.  Thank You Jesus!  Yet I am not worth such an effort.  I continue to worry, be impatient, etc. - please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message today and every day.