Monday, April 25, 2016

When we were overwhelmed by sins, you forgave our transgressions.

Psalm 65

When we were overwhelmed by sins, you forgave our transgressions. v3

There have been times when I have been overwhelmed by my sins.  Acknowledging our need for God not just once but every day is critical in our relationship with Jesus.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:3

We must also be overwhelmed by who Jesus is, what He has done for us, and what He continues to do for us.


And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:17-19
 
How do you think we will be when "we are filled to the measure of all the fullness of God"?  We of course are going to be on fire for the Lord, loving and serving Him as He intends for us.  We should strive to be overwhelmed by the fullness of God.

My Prayer: Lord, You love me beyond what I can imagine or describe in words.  I cannot even begin to think about the love that nailed You to the cross.  I am not worth such love...I am broken.  Thank You Jesus for Your love, all that You have done, all that You are and You provide for all of my needs - apart from You I can do nothing!  Forgive me for my worry and lack of action to serve You as You desire for me.  Help me overcome my sin and inaction.  Help me turn from such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.