Wednesday, April 27, 2016

You let people ride over our heads; we went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance.

Psalm 66

You let people ride over our heads; we went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance. v12

God either allows or creates circumstances in our lives - good or bad.  God is in control.  Yes, we have free will but nothing is hidden from God and there are consequences for our sin.  Yet, "in all things God works for the good of those who love him (Romans 8:28)".

He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. Colossians 1:17

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open. Luke 8:17

We must see all of our circumstances as for God's glory and our good.

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 

My Prayer:  Lord, You are an awesome God, full of love and compassion for all of Your children...all of the time.  You create goodness and abundance in our lives daily...throughout the day and we are often not paying attention or distracted by the world.  You tell us not to conform to the patterns of this world yet too often we do.  Forgive me Jesus for falling prey to such temptations.  I worry, I am impatient, I get angry, I am full of pride and arrogance....help me turn from such sin and turn towards You Jesus.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa, Zach and Dustin and help me serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.