Monday, April 4, 2016

My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.

Psalm 51

My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise. v17

As I have posted here with regards to Psalm 50, and also in Psalm 51:16, empty actions of sacrifice are meaningless to You. You desire us...are cares, concerns, worries, praises, etc.  You desire OUR LIVES to be a living sacrifice:

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Romans 12:1

A living sacrifice implies that through our daily actions and in the course of our lives we demonstrate giving something up in our pursuit of God.  We are not to conform to the patterns of this world (Romans 12:2 - this also provides guidance about HOW to do this)

 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. Luke 9:23-24

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God full of love, compassion, mercy, gentleness, patience, etc. and You chose me, knowing everything about me, including my sin.  You came for me, and suffered greatly and died for me.  You did not have to but You willing laid down Your life for me so that I could have life and in the full.  Thank You Jesus for such a gift of grace and mercy.  I deserved Your death but You stepped in front of my and interceded on my behalf.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such a gift because my worry continues.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from and overcome such sin and turn towards You instead.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.