Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders; where morning dawns, where evening fades, you call forth songs of joy.

Psalm 65

The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders; where morning dawns, where evening fades, you call forth songs of joy. v8

God's creation spans beyond both the beginning and the end - with this in mind, all the more reason for us to marvel at the glimmer of God's glory that exists as earth.  There isn't anything that exists that is not part of God.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.  And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. Colossians 1:16-18

We must therefore worship God with awe and reverence and be thankful that He adopts us as His children.  He does not need us but He loves us all the same.  He of course suffered and died for us...even though He did not deserve it.  We deserved His death, but He willingly died in our place.  He not only laid down His life for us, but He continues to be a living and active God in our life...through the Holy Spirit and His word - which is alive and active (Hebrews 4:12).

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are the Lord of Lords, King of Kings, and Name Above All Names...You are worthy of our full attention and worship.  You not only created all things, You are in all things and You hold all things together...including my life.  You do so for Your glory and my good.  I am in awe of who You are and how much You love me...even though I cannot even begin to fathom the breadth and depth of Your love for me.  Thank You Jesus!  I am deeply grateful for You as my personal Lord and Savior.  I am not worth such a God.  I worry, I am impatient, and I continue to be harsh with my thoughts and words - please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength. Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message today and every day.