Thursday, April 21, 2016

You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.

Psalm 63

You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water. v1

We seek from the world what we cannot get - fruit of the spirit, eternal life, forgiveness, life in the full, etc.  Just as Jesus poured out His blood for us, we should pour out our lives for Him.

We need to seek Him daily...to live for Him.  We exist to glorify Him.  Yet for us to glorify Him we must seek Him.

Come near to God and he will come near to you. James 4:8


[The people] are the shoot I have planted,
the work of my hands,
for the display of my splendor.  Isaiah 60:21
 
My Prayer: Lord, in this moment, my whole being DOES long for You...I do thirst for You and I hunger for You.  I don't want to conform to the pattern of this world, instead I want to be transformed.  Renew my heart and mind...I am broken.  I continue to worry and stress about life.  Please forgive me.  I am so thankful that You poured out Your blood for me...You are the greatest gift of all time.  I need You.  Take me and make me Yours in all ways.  I desire to serve and live for You.  Help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.