Friday, April 15, 2016

With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies.

Psalm 60

With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies. v12

We face enemies daily - and Satan is our number one enemy of both us and Jesus. Satan is real...very real.  Even Jesus' chosen disciples (Peter, Judas, etc.) have fallen under the influence of Satan.  We need to be aware that Satan is a very real influence and the God is our only refuge.

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
 
See also post here.

Paul provides the same warning as Peter and adds encouragement for us to seek God alone as our refuge.
 
So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.                       1 Thessalonians 5:6-8
 
My Prayer:  Lord, You indeed are a great God full of power and wonders...unmatched by anyone or anything, including Satan.  I know Satan exists, is on the prowl, and is the great deceiver.  Yet You are more powerful than anything as You are the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings...able to defeat sin and death.  And You are my God...You know everything about me, You adopted me and suffered and died for me.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such a gift...the greatest gift of all time.  I worry too much.  Please forgive me Jesus.  Help me overcome and turn from such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do. Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin....and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, apply Your message for me today and every day.