Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Then people will say, “Surely the righteous still are rewarded; surely there is a God who judges the earth.”

Psalm 58

Then people will say, “Surely the righteous still are rewarded; surely there is a God who judges the earth.” v11

Just as David cries out for justice and is comforted in knowing that God is just, we too should feel comforted and at peace that all will be made perfect in the end.  Our focus should not be in worry, envy, jealously, anger, etc. at this world but instead on God Himself, the author of life and of our faith.  He is just. For believers there is hope in this justice in that we are spared...and that we will live eternity in Heaven with God our Father.

He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”  Revelation 21:6-8

My Prayer: Lord, You are both just and merciful...and full of love, power, knowledge, wisdom, etc.  You ARE my all in all.  Apart from You I can nothing and certainly no good thing.  I must abide in You for my sustenance.  Thank You for the blessing of every day.  I need You desperately in my life because I am broken.  I continue to worry and act out of this worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength. Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message today and every day.