Friday, April 1, 2016

Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Then I will teach transgressors your ways, so that sinners will turn back to you.

Psalm 51

Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Then I will teach transgressors your ways, so that sinners will turn back to you. v12-13

We all sin and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).  Yet God is so great that He is not only able to forgive us, but He is able to redeem our sin for something much more valuable - His glory!  Incredible.  God want us to use the grace, mercy, patience, compassion, etc. He pours out on us by helping others with similar sin.

Confess our sins and use our words to build one another up (not to tear others down).

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16
 
 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29
 
My Prayer: Lord You are an awesome God - You are able to use broken people such as myself for Your glory and others' good.  You bless me by allowing me to bless others.  Thank You Jesus for blessing me in this way. I am not worth the love and blessing You pour out on me because I worry and I often fail to encourage others with my words.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin, and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.