Thursday, April 7, 2016

Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.

Psalm 55

Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. v22

As a follow up to yesterday's post, I am once again encourage to be still and to "cast [my] cares on the Lord".  It is in these situations where I must remind myself not to act out of anxiety, of my own design (vs God's) to do something...to say something...something.  It is typical during these times when I hurt someone with what I do or say, or my action otherwise backfires.

I must cast my cares on the Lord.  I must be still.

The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. Exodus 14:14

See also verses here

My Prayer: Lord, You are a great God, one who knows everything about me, yet loves me anyway...who came after me, sought me, suffered and died for me.  You sustain and hold together all things...You are in all things.  You don't need me...I am broken.  Yet You do.  Thank You Jesus!  Please forgive me for my worry.  Please help me overcome and turn from my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.