Sunday, August 19, 2018

Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding, and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them.



Do not be afraid, Daniel.  Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding, and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. v12

Since I started more regularly reading the Bible in 2010, I have grown tremendously in my relationship with Jesus, and for this I am both humbled and grateful; humbled that God would do a work in me, and grateful for all of the many ways in which He has blessed me.  God helped me grow in appreciation of my role as husband, father, and as a man – this being one clear example of His blessings.  However, this appreciation is somewhat dampened by my worry over whether I am actually living up to God’s design of and expectations for me in these roles.  I pray often for God to help me be the man He intends for me.  This morning I am greatly encouraged by the words spoken to Daniel by Gabriel (who also spoke similar words of encouragement to Mary in Luke 1 ).  I am encouraged that God hears my prayers and that God responds to my prayers.  God’s response may not be what I desire but I am nonetheless comforted that God hears my cries.


My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who hears and responds to my prayers.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love but You provide it anyway.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my love towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.