Thursday, August 23, 2018

I will plant her for myself in the land; I will show my love to the one I called ‘Not my loved one. I will say to those called ‘Not my people,’ ‘You are my people; and they will say, ‘You are my God'.



I will plant her for myself in the land; I will show my love to the one I called ‘Not my loved one.  I will say to those called ‘Not my people,’ ‘You are my people; and they will say, ‘You are my God’. v23

Jesus came to save all of us and died on the cross to accomplish this – we are not worthy of salvation just as Israel and Judah was not.  Yet just as Israel and Judah were saved, we are saved…the greatest gift of all of time.

Hosea’s marriage to Gomer is analogous of God’s love for an unfaithful nation and God’s love for all of His children. 


But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.  Romans 5:8

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who saves and You do so not because we deserve it, but because You are full of mercy and love.   Thank You for Your mercy and love.  I am not worthy of such love.  I worry.  Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Please help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.