Sunday, August 26, 2018

Then I will return to my lair until they have borne their guilt and seek my face—in their misery they will earnestly seek me.

Hosea 5

Then I will return to my lair until they have borne their guilt and seek my face—in their misery they will earnestly seek me. v15

Too often, we seek God during times of trouble only.  Yet we should seek God during all times - daily.  It is during the good times when we take the time to develop a relationship with Jesus that God will do a work within us to prepare us for when times are bad.  Yet God is a mystery, and we don't how He works or what He has in store for us.  We can better understand God's will for our lives only when we strive to know Him better and His message for us - He can transform our hearts and minds to be more like Him and in that process we can be better aligned with His will.

However, there will always be those - just like during the days of Israel (Ephraim) and Judah as written in Hosea - who will ignore God's invitation to draw near to Him.  God will either allow or cause something to happen to get people's attention - this is assured either in this life, at our Judgement Day, or when Jesus returns - and you don't want to wait for either of the two latter moments to pass before You submit to Him as Your Lord and Savior.

Every knee will bow.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who bore a painful death - just so I could have live free from the sting of sin and death.  And You went willingly to the cross!  Thank You Jesus for the greatest gift of all time!  I am not worth such a gift.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.