Saturday, August 11, 2018

Therefore I decree that the people of any nation or language who say anything against the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego be cut into pieces and their houses be turned into piles of rubble, for no other god can save in this way.

Daniel 3

Therefore I decree that the people of any nation or language who say anything against the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego be cut into pieces and their houses be turned into piles of rubble, for no other god can save in this way. v29

This chapter is, of course, one which most believers are familiar with; yet on closer inspection certain details are worth greater review and consideration.  Verse 29 is one of these verses I believe.   In the 1st two chapters of Daniel we see Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego being a light for others, and in chapter 3 we see this as well.  However, while Nebuchadnezzar is drawn to God, it appears that he is not FULLY drawn to God to the extent that He recognize that God is God over all.  He decrees that people should not SAY anything against God but does not issue a decree about DOING anything to anger God - such as creating an image before or above God (which Nebuchadnezzar does in verse 1).  There is no mention that Nebuchadnezzar destroyed the idol he created.

God wants ALL of our heart, attention and love - not part of it.  See also posts with the following tags


My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves us and who is worthy of 100% of our devotion, love and attention.  You bless me beyond what I deserve - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love - I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.