Thursday, August 16, 2018

His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him.



His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him. V27

I am a huge baseball fan – Red Sox – and many games go back in forth where each team alternates taking the lead, taking fans on an emotional roller coaster.  As an example, check out this article on the longest games in MLB history. Yet, there are certain games where it is lopsided where one team, from the gates, takes a commanding lead and keeps it throughout the game and ultimately wins. 

Today, I am reminded of the latter-type of game.  Daniel has a dream that we know serves as a prophecy for Jesus’ reign as King of Kings.  Yet in verse 28, Daniel is “deeply troubled”.  I suppose Daniel might have been troubled because he does not know the outcome.  Followers of Jesus, however, know the outcome. 

At issue is whether we can be at peace, confident that we know the outcome – that regardless of what happens in our daily lives and in the world around us, God reigns, He is in control, He loves us, our time on earth is temporary and we are citizens of Heaven, and that all believers will be in Heaven with Jesus at some point, and we should not be troubled.  Although my focus today is different, my post from a couple of days ago helps as well.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are, that You are King of Kings, yet You left the right hand of God in Heaven, to die on a cross for me – thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such an act and such love.  I do worry, among my many sin.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.