Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Go, marry a promiscuous woman and have children with her, for like an adulterous wife this land is guilty of unfaithfulness to the Lord.



Go, marry a promiscuous woman and have children with her, for like an adulterous wife this land is guilty of unfaithfulness to the Lord. v2

I am grateful for Pastor Marty’s sermon series on Hosea as I am much better equipped to understand this book and the many messages contained in this book.  First and foremost, as Pastor Marty has said in part one of this series, Hosea’s marriage to Gomer is one of God’s amazing grace.  Just as Gomer needed grace and mercy, we all need grace and mercy as we all sin and fall short of the glory of God.

To help us fall prey to sin and temptation, Pastor Marty also encourages us to guard our hearts.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who saves and does so out of love and mercy for all.  You give all of us many, many second chances and opportunities to repent and surrender to You.  I thank You for doing this for me and I grateful that You adopted me as Your own.  I am not worthy of such love.  I often fail to be a light and I neglect to share the gospel.  Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Please help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.