Monday, August 20, 2018

Some of the wise will stumble, so that they may be refined, purified and made spotless until the time of the end, for it will still come at the appointed time.



Some of the wise will stumble, so that they may be refined, purified and made spotless until the time of the end, for it will still come at the appointed time. v35

God either causes or allows us to stumble and for us to suffer the consequences of our actions and as result we are refined and purified – becoming more like Him. 

Through a vision, Daniel continues to hear God’s plans for Israel and Judah, including details of the tribulation.

We may not know what God has in store for us and we may not like the refiner’s fire, but it is for our good and His glory.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and You have blessed me during all times – even when I felt times were difficult I can now see how You have done a work in me.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth all of the love and effort You pour out on me.  I worry and I am often harsh with my words and actions.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Please help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.