Friday, August 10, 2018

“Do not execute the wise men of Babylon. Take me to the king, and I will interpret his dream for him.”

Daniel 2

“Do not execute the wise men of Babylon. Take me to the king, and I will interpret his dream for him.” v24

There are many remarkable elements to this chapter of Daniel, including how Daniel was calm and at peace in face of grave dangers facing all wise men (v14-16), how Daniel was confident in his God's ability to determine what the king's dream was and how he took his request to God (v16-18), how Daniel interceded on behalf of all the wise men - hoping to spare their lives (v24), and of course how Daniel gave all credit to God for his ability to interpret the kings dream.

Again - just as I posted yesterday - all in all an awesome demonstration of how Daniel understands that God reigns, is in control, that He loves us and does not want to harm us, that we exist to glorify Him, and that our giftings are designed in this regard. 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who is before, in, and has created all things, including all of the spiritual gifts all of us have.  You have knit all of us together in wonderful ways just as You have knit each one of us.  Your design is amazing.  Thank for You for the many blessings of experiencing Your gifts.  I am not worth the love You bless me with.  I am weak and lazy.  Please forgive me.  Help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal her of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us bring Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.