Tuesday, August 7, 2018

I am to be the only inheritance the priests have. You are to give them no possession in Israel; I will be their possession.

Ezekiel 44

I am to be the only inheritance the priests have. You are to give them no possession in Israel; I will be their possession. v28

As God describes for Ezekiel the restoration of the temple, He lays out rules for the priests serving in the temple.  

Similar to the Levitical priest (v15 onward) who must only have God as his possession, I too must count on God and not trust in earthly possessions or to trust in my own ability above Him.  God is with me and He wants me to lean not on myself but on Him.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3:5-6
 
I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.” Psalm 16:2
 
I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an amazing God You are that You love me and that You died for me - that You provide Your Holy Spirit, the church, Your Word, etc. so that I know I am not alone - thank You Jesus!  I am not worthy of all the rich blessings You provide.  I worry far too much.  Please forgive me and help me overcome my worry and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.