Saturday, August 25, 2018

The more priests there were, the more they sinned against me; they exchanged their glorious God for something disgraceful.

Hosea 4

The more priests there were, the more they sinned against me; they exchanged their glorious God for something disgraceful. v7

We may view Israel's and Judah's rejection of God as someone else's sin - but from time to time in our lives, we all choose idols over God.  Yet the story of Hosea is one of amazing grace and it is a story for us all because God offers forgiveness for even the worst of us. 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who saves and You do so not because we deserve it, but because You are full of mercy and love.   Thank You for Your mercy and love.  I am not worthy of such love.  I worry.  Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Please help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.