Tuesday, October 2, 2018

All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).

Matthew 1

All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”). v22-23

As I turn from the Old Testament, I think about how Jesus of course allows us to be born again through Him, and how He is fulfillment of the Old Testament.  The two above verses reference Isaiah 7:14.  While certainly not exhaustive, check out this resource which summarizes a few of the more notable prophecies of Jesus from the Old Testament. 

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. John 3:16-17

My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, You are the greatest gift of all time - You are life and life to the full!  Thank You for giving me new life and freedom from the sting of sin and death.  I am not worth such a gift, such grace and mercy, as I daily miss the mark.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.