Friday, October 26, 2018

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven."

Matthew 10

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven." v32-33

Jesus wants us to take His words that He proclaims "in the dark" and shout them from the rooftops (v27).  We must bear witness (as a living sacrifice - see Romans 12:1) both in our lives and our words...and not be afraid of the consequences...and Jesus points out many such possible consequences: arrest and/or physical harm (v17-18), family and community scorn (v21-22), and intense temptation and fear planted by Satan (v28).  

While Jesus does warn us (see also John 16:33), He also encourages us.  First and foremost, He will never leave or forsake us, He is with us until the end of the age, and He will give us the words to say (v19-20).

Jesus, please help me be bold.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who has transformed my heart and life - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love and blessing.  I am often afraid and weak - please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.