Wednesday, October 3, 2018

When King Herod heard this he was disturbed, and all Jerusalem with him.

Matthew 2

When King Herod heard this he was disturbed, and all Jerusalem with him. v3

Due to concern over his position and status, Herod attempts to find Jesus, the Messiah referred to in prophecy (v3-8, v16).  Herod is unable to see who Jesus really is - the one true God.  Of course, He is not the only one who fails to submit to Jesus as King as it is said "all Jerusalem" is disturbed.

A key question I have this morning is - when threatened, do we see Jesus at work in our circumstances (for His glory and our good) or do we make attempts to thwart God's plans as Herod attempted to do?

We should know that nothing can stop God's plans

We should also understand how God is at work for His glory and our good - regardless of the circumstances. 

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

See also difficult circumstances.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an amazing God You are that You never leave or forsake me, and You strengthen me during difficult circumstances.  I have seen this with my own eyes in my own life - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.