Thursday, October 25, 2018

Do not get any gold or silver or copper to take with you in your belts—no bag for the journey or extra shirt or sandals or a staff, for the worker is worth his keep....If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.

Matthew 10

Do not get any gold or silver or copper to take with you in your belts—no bag for the journey or extra shirt or sandals or a staff, for the worker is worth his keep....If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. v9,14

At the end of Matthew 9, Jesus requests that His disciples "[a]sk the Lord of the harvest...to send out workers into his harvest field".  John Piper implies that the sending of the twelve is a response to prayer for more workers for the harvest.  Piper goes on to implore us to pray, and he provides many words on why and how we should pray - a good starter is here.  With regards to the sending out of the twelve disciples, Jesus wants the disciples to trust in Him as the provider and to focus on the message, not the outcome.  Pray for the outcome but remember that God is in charge of the outcome. 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God who has answered many prayers of my own and also those of others who have prayed for me - thank You Jesus!  I am not worthy of Your love and grace.  I daily miss the mark.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.