Monday, October 29, 2018

“Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations. He will not quarrel or cry out; no one will hear his voice in the streets. A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out, till he has brought justice through to victory. In his name the nations will put their hope.” v18-21

Matthew 12

“Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations.  He will not quarrel or cry out; no one will hear his voice in the streets. A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out,
till he has brought justice through to victory. In his name the nations will put their hope.” v18-21

Jesus has a purpose - to fulfill Old Testament prophecy of a coming Savior who was to save us from being a slave to the (ceremonial) law.  See also the reference here to Isaiah 42:1-4, as well as post yesterday.  He makes a new covenant with us based on the shedding of His blood on the cross.  Just as Jesus could not be distracted from His purpose, Jesus gives us a purpose and we are not to be distracted.

Psalm 139:13-16 
Ephesians 2:10 
1 Corinthians 12
Hebrews 12:1

Jesus, please help me stay focused on Your mission for me.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an amazing God You are that You died for me...knowing everything about me, including my sin.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love...I daily miss the mark.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.