Monday, October 8, 2018

But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Matthew 5

But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. v28

Once again, as I posted yesterday, our heart is the source of sin in our lives and we are all born to sin (Romans 3:23, 1 John 1:8) and must be born again.  

A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. Luke 6:45

The importance of heart condition applies in all areas of our lives, highlighted as well with our generosity.

God gives us a "new heart".

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God and You have given me a new heart and new life - thank You Jesus for the greatest gift of all time.  I am not worth such a gift.  I love You.  I need You.  I daily miss the mark. Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.