Monday, August 2, 2021

I hope to see you in passing as I go to Spain, and to be helped on my journey there by you, once I have enjoyed your company for a while.

Romans 15

I hope to see you in passing as I go to Spain, and to be helped on my journey there by you, once I have enjoyed your company for a while. Romans 15:24

This morning, I continued my study of Romans.  Using my commentary - Exalting Jesus in Romans (eBook) - I continued with chapter nineteen Great Commission Christians, which covers Romans 15:14-15:33.  My focus today is v15:19-24, which my commentary refers to under the heading "Support the Work of Church Planting." Building on my post yesterday, where I described Paul's holy ambition, today I describe how Paul receives encouragement and support from the church in Rome. I have made major moves several times in my life and I know how challenging it can be when you go to a new place - and this is the life of a missionary in Paul's case.  For those supporting those who plant churches in far away (and close) places, there are many things you can do - you can provide financially, you can provide hospitality, you can provide encouragement, prayer, etc. - this is what is described by Paul here in these verses. 

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who is full of love, grace and compassion for me - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of Your love and grace as my sin is great and it continues - I know You hate sin but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from my sin towards You and love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.