Tuesday, August 24, 2021

The Lord called Moses and spoke to him from the tent of meeting, saying,"Speak to the people of Israel and say to them, When any one of you brings an offering to the Lord, you shall bring your offering of livestock from the herd or from the flock."

Leviticus 1

The Lord called Moses and spoke to him from the tent of meeting, saying,"Speak to the people of Israel and say to them, When any one of you brings an offering to the Lord, you shall bring your offering of livestock from the herd or from the flock." Leviticus 1:1-2

This morning, I continued my study of Leviticus using the Christ-Centered Exposition series commentary for this book - moving from an overview of the book itself to review 1:1-7, looking at the theme God Speaks His Truth to Us.  Here, the commentary focuses me right away on an appropriate view of worship.  I am encouraged to view worship based not on my own view or preferences (i.e. music, preaching style, etc.) but on what God says. The words and its variations "the Lord spoke (or called) to Moses" appear 38 times in Leviticus and the statement the "Lord commanded Moses" occurs 18 times. How I worship is important and it is wholly important for me to better understand God's view on worship. 

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God and You have saved me and bless me in ways unimaginable.  I am grateful but of course not deserving.  My sin, anger, worry, etc. continues...in small and large ways - either way it is a sin.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind, and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.