Wednesday, August 25, 2021

"Speak to the people of Israel and say to them, When any one of you brings an offering to the Lord, you shall bring your offering of livestock from the herd or from the flock."

Leviticus 1

"Speak to the people of Israel and say to them, When any one of you brings an offering to the Lord, you shall bring your offering of livestock from the herd or from the flock." Leviticus 1:2

This morning, I continued my study of Leviticus using the Christ-Centered Exposition series commentary for this book - continuing a review 1:1-7, looking at the theme God Invites Us to Meet With Him. The commentary describes the word "bring" in v2 as draw near to God and how God has always provided a path for atonement of sin - that is how much He loves us.  The commentary refers to Genesis 3:1-9 (The Fall) and how God (even with full foreknowledge of their sin) immediately pursued Adam and Eve to remain in relationship with them. We must understand and appreciate the depth and breadth of God's love and how He forgives us.  The commentary offers the following verse as another scriptural example demonstrating how God offers a path for atonement and forgiveness - knowing everything about our sin and knowing full well that our sin continues. 

Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.  Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy? Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food.  Incline your ear, and come to me; hear, that your soul may live; and I will make with you an everlasting covenant, my steadfast, sure love for David. Isaiah 55:1-3

Just as God spoke to Adam and Eve (Genesis 3) and how He spoke to Israel and Judah (despite their sinful ways) through Isaiah - offering a path for atonement and forgiveness - He does for all of us and that is through Jesus Christ.

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who is full of mercy and compassion for me.  Despite my sin, You offer a path for atonement and forgiveness - Jesus Christ!  Thank You Jesus!  The greatest gift of all time.  I am not deserving of such a gift.  My sin continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.