Sunday, January 9, 2022

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

1 Peter 5

 And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. 1 Peter 5:10

This morning, until I start a new Bible study, I continue using devotionals from John Piper.  Today, the post focuses on how God, as Piper describes how Jesus provides "assurance that he will not delay beyond what we can endure, and that he will abolish the flaws we bemoan, and that he will establish forever what has tottered so long — that assurance comes from the God of 'all grace.'" In the midst of pain, Piper encourages us to hold on and to endure lest we succumb to the fears that threaten our faith.  He points us to Hebrews 10:39 and Mark 13:13:

But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls. Hebrews 10:39

And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. Mark 13:13

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who is full of grace and strength for me - through all times good and bad.  Thank You Jesus for never leaving or forsaking me.  I am not deserving of such love and grace.  I worry - I know this is sinful - please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.