Friday, January 28, 2022

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied...Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Isaiah 1

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied...Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Matthew 5:6, Romans 12:2

I continue my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series.  On day 3 of my study, the key takeaway was based on an instruction from the study to look more closely at the use of "iniquity" and "sin" in Isaiah 2.  Iniquity is referenced twice (v4, 13) and sin three times (4, 18, 28).  My study guide indicates that iniquity is defined as "deviat[ing] or twist[ing] from the standard," while sin is defined as "fall[ing] short of the standard."  Believers should certainly be aware and avoid both, but understanding the standard is the pre-requisite in both cases.  If we are not aware of or don't understand the standard, we are more susceptible to both iniquity and sin. I am reminded of how God promises to satisfy us if we pursue hunger and thirst for righteousness (Matthew 5:6) and how God will renew our minds (Romans 12:2) if we seek to conform to His image (assuming we do that by first reading about and understanding His image via daily study of His Word).

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who satisfies me and who renews my mind - making me more like Him.  You sanctify me - and I am better for it - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving for how You sanctify and refine me.  Blessings beyond description!  I am not deserving.  My sin continues.  Worry, etc. Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.