Sunday, January 30, 2022

Stop regarding man in whose nostrils is breath, for of what account is he?

Isaiah 2

Stop regarding man in whose nostrils is breath, for of what account is he? Isaiah 2:22

I continue my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series.  On day 5 of my study, the key takeaway comes from Isaiah 2:22, where God seeks for us to focus on Him first and foremost (vs man). Of course, man can be defined in terms of ourselves as well as others. Selfishness is a key sin as is the desire to be approved by others.  We should seek to please, honor and glorify God - for that is why we exist

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are worthy of my focus and my energy - You are good!  Your blessings and mercies are new every morning and You provide for all of my needs - physical, emotional, and spiritual.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such blessings.  My sin continues - including focus on self vs God.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.