Thursday, January 27, 2022

But when he was strong, he grew proud, to his destruction. For he was unfaithful to the Lord his God[.]

Isaiah 1

 But when he was strong, he grew proud, to his destruction. For he was unfaithful to the Lord his God[.] 2 Chronicles 26:16

I continue my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series.  For me, on day 2 of my study, the key takeaway was based on a close look at King Uzziah who reigned (790-739 B.C.) during the period of Isaiah's vision as referenced in Isaiah 1:1. 2 Kings 14-15 and 2 Chronicles 26-27 both discuss how Uzziah "did what was right in the eyes of the Lord," but failed in other important ways with regard to loving and serving God.  He did not remove the high places used for idol worship (2 Kings 15:4).  God did move in Uzziah's reign and prospered him (2 Chronicles 26:7).  However, Uzziah grew proud and sinfully entered the temple to burn incense (2 Chronicles 26:16) and scripture writes how pride led Uzziah's destruction and unfaithfulness to the Lord.  Pride causes us to move in dangerous ways, including for us to think that we don't need God, or that we can accomplish things in our own power and based on our own understanding. We all sin and need Savior - Romans 3:23 and 6:23.

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God who loves me and who is so full of grace and compassion for - even know my life has been full of pride and arrogance.  Yet You love me and saved me anyway...and helped me see the folly of my ways.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of the faith You give me.  My sin of worry and other sins continue.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.