Thursday, January 13, 2022

...[F[or anything that becomes visible is light. Therefore it says, “Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.”

Ephesians 5

...[F[or anything that becomes visible is light. Therefore it says, “Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.” Ephesians 5:14

This morning, until I start a new Bible study, I continue using devotionals from John Piper.  Today, the post focuses on the power of God to command us to give us rebirth in Jesus. Piper explains that we "first experience the divine gift of life and breath, and then to do what living, breathing people do: cry out to God in faith and gratitude and love. When the command of God comes with the creating, converting power of the Holy Spirit, it gives life. And we believe and rejoice and obey."  We are provided several scriptures that illustrate this process of how God's commands give us new life from our spiritual deadness:

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You gave me new life...a new heart, a heart of flesh - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such a God.  My sin is daily - worry, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.