Sunday, January 23, 2022

In that day you will ask in my name, and I do not say to you that I will ask the Father on your behalf; for the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.

John 16

In that day you will ask in my name, and I do not say to you that I will ask the Father on your behalf; for the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God. John 16:26-27

This morning, until I start a new Bible study, I continue using devotionals from John Piper.  Today, the post focuses on what Piper sees as an encouragement for us to "go to God directly" or to not see Jesus as "more of a mediator than He is." We have access to Jesus directly and we are exhorted to see this as astonishing. This should give any believer "confidence" to approach God (Hebrews 4:16). Today's verses are indeed an encouragement for us to develop a deep and permanent relationship with Jesus as our Lord and Savior.  He indeed loves and He wants to spend time with us...He also wants us to approach Him anytime.

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God that we can approach with confidence anytime - You desire a deep and personal relationship with us and seek us daily - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such a Savior.  My sin is great and it is daily - worry, selfishness, etc. Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.