Monday, June 18, 2018

As for me, I am in your hands; do with me whatever you think is good and right.

Jeremiah 26

As for me, I am in your hands; do with me whatever you think is good and right. v14

Do I have confidence in God's justice, protection, etc.?  Jeremiah does - although just like us he has not always had such confidence in God.  

God describes this confidence earlier in Jeremiah:


But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit. Jeremiah 17:7-8
 
Peter and John spoke of this confidence as they faced the Sanhedrin:
 
 Then they called them in again and commanded them not to speak or teach at all in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John replied, “Which is right in God’s eyes: to listen to you, or to him? You be the judges! As for us, we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard.” Acts 4:18-20
 
Jesus also spoke of this confidence:
 
Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.” Matthew 7:24-27 
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and I know You laid down Your life for me, drinking from the cup of wrath for me...and for all of mankind.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worthy of such an act and of such love.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.