Saturday, June 2, 2018

The word of the Lord is offensive to them; they find no pleasure in it.

Jeremiah 6

The word of the Lord is offensive to them; they find no pleasure in it. v10

While I know I can be closer to God and my relationship with Jesus can be better, it's certainly better than it used to be as God has grown in my heart and life significantly - only through the grace of God (see Ephesians 2:8).  We must all get to a place where we find "pleasure" in God's word as it means we find pleasure in God Himself because the Word is God (John 1:1).  

We should all pray that He gives us a deep desire to get to know Him and to find more pleasure in Him and His Word - ALL of us.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and You have done much to grow my desire for You and Your Word.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such a God as I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose Jesus as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.