Friday, June 22, 2018

I will give them singleness of heart and action, so that they will always fear me and that all will then go well for them and for their children after them.

Jeremiah 32

I will give them singleness of heart and action, so that they will always fear me and that all will then go well for them and for their children after them. v39

God wants all of our heart and mind to be directed towards Him - Jesus identifies this as the most important commandment.  Jesus then says to love others as He loves them (first as yourself, then in John 13:34 as He loves us).  In Jeremiah, God identifies this singleness of heart as critical "so that they will always fear me and that all will then go well for them and for their children after them".  One follows the other.  Jesus then reinforces this when He says in Matthew 22:40 "[a]ll the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments".

However, our hearts wander in many directions - that is why time with the Lord (in its many forms) is so important.  We cannot have this singleness of heart and action without God (Ephesians 2:8).  God can renew our hearts and mind.

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God who has transformed my heart and life - thank You Jesus!  I am grateful beyond what my words can express.  I am not worthy of such love and blessings.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Please help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.