Monday, June 4, 2018

For all these nations are really uncircumcised, and even the whole house of Israel is uncircumcised in heart.

Jeremiah 9

For all these nations are really uncircumcised, and even the whole house of Israel is uncircumcised in heart. v25

God is blunt with His judgement of the Israelites - their faith is paper thin and in name only.  They fail to observe the most important commandment by a long shot.

Reading Jeremiah of course is a mirror into our own lives:


For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

I must examine and reflect on where in my life I am not loving God with all of my heart, soul and mind and loving others as He loves me.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God, and I know You love me and You died for me so that I would not experience the sting of sin and death and so that I would have everlasting life.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Please give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to and apply Your message for me today and every day.