Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Do not listen to the words of the prophets who say to you, You will not serve the king of Babylon,for they are prophesying lies to you. I have not sent them, declares the Lord. ‘They are prophesying lies in my name.

Jeremiah 27

Do not listen to the words of the prophets who say to you, You will not serve the king of Babylon,for they are prophesying lies to you. I have not sent them, declares the Lord. ‘They are prophesying lies in my name. v14-15

The world is full of lies - planted by great deceiver - Satan. We must be aware of this.


Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

Satan made his presence known throughout the Bible.  We are warned repeatedly about false prophets.  We must surround ourselves with Truth by reading the Bible, understanding what it says (in both an absolute and a personal sense), by worshiping corporately on Sunday at church, by participating in Bible studies, and by surrounding ourselves with others so that "iron sharpens iron" (Proverbs 27:17).

Submit to God and the Word, (Romans 12:2).

Live and breath the word (Deuteronomy 6:6-9, 11:18-20)


These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.  Deuteronomy 6:6-9

My Prayer: Lord, You are an awesome God who has given me Your Son and Your Word - Truth - so that I may have a path to righteousness.  Thank You Jesus!  I am in desperate need of Your cleansing and Your Word.  I am unclean - I miss the mark daily. I worry WAY too much.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.