Saturday, June 30, 2018

This is what the Lord says: I will overthrow what I have built and uproot what I have planted, throughout the earth. Should you then seek great things for yourself? Do not seek them. For I will bring disaster on all people, declares the Lord, but wherever you go I will let you escape with your life.

Jeremiah 46

Do not be afraid, Jacob my servant; do not be dismayed, Israel. I will surely save you out of a distant place, your descendants from the land of their exile.  Jacob will again have peace and security,
    and no one will make him afraid. Do not be afraid, Jacob my servant, for I am with you, declares the Lord. Though I completely destroy all the nations among which I scatter you, I will not completely destroy you.  I will discipline you but only in due measure;
I will not let you go entirely unpunished. v27-28

God had made a promise to David that someone from his lineage would rise to the throne and this kingdom would last forever.  Although God's anger had grown and He would punish Israel, He would not wipe out Israel - Israel would be punished, but enough of a remnant would survive to create the basis for Christ to rise from Judah.  

We must understand that God holds us accountable for our sin either in this life or at the time of our judgement when we face Him at our death. Also, today's scripture is another example of how God always keeps His promises.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and whose promises ALWAYS come true - I am grateful for the promises You make to me and for the fruit of these promises when I remain faithful to You.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love as I often lack trust in You and lose faith.  Please forgive me Jesus for my worry and lack of trust!  Help me turn from such sin towards You and love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.