Sunday, July 1, 2018

In those days, at that time,” declares the Lord, “search will be made for Israel’s guilt, but there will be none, and for the sins of Judah, but none will be found, for I will forgive the remnant I spare.

Jeremiah 50

In those days, at that time,”declares the Lord, search will be made for Israel’s guilt, but there will be none, and for the sins of Judah, but none will be found, for I will forgive the remnant I spare. v20

Over the course of chapters 47-51 the Lord metes out a severe punishment for the Philistines, Ammon, Edom, Moab, Damascus, Kedar and Hazor, Elom, Babylon, and in chapter 52 Jersualem falls.  Yet once again we see God's grace through the remnant which He spares and uses to rise up a savior - whom we know to be Jesus.

God, always - always - keeps His promises.

Plus, He sent His Son so that would be free from the sting of sin and death as the Christ broke the cycle of sin and shame that previously bound us.

Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance?  You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea. Micah 7:18-19
 
My Prayer:  Jessus, what an awesome God You are!  You died on the cross so that I could have freedom from the sting of sin and death!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such grace.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.