Thursday, July 12, 2018

The Lord does not see us; the Lord has forsaken the land.

Ezekiel 8

The Lord does not see us; the Lord has forsaken the land. v12

As God shows Ezekiel the idol worship practiced in the temple in Jersualem, God tells Ezekiel what the Israelites were saying in verse 12.

There will be times when we have our doubts that God sees us, that He sees pain or suffering in our lives.  However, we should never think God does not see us.  We should also remember that God is always with us.

A vivid example of God "seeing us" is when God heard the cries of Israel during their time of slavery in Egypt (Exodus 2:23-25, Exodus 3:7-10).

See also posts here.

With Jesus Christ, we have a God that will never leave us or forsake us.  See Deuteronomy 31:6, Deuteronomy 31:8, Joshua 1:5, Matthew 28:20, Hebrews 13:5).

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, I know that You love me, You always hear my cries and my prayers, You see what is going on my life and You are always with me.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love and blessing.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.