Sunday, July 8, 2018

But when I speak to you, I will open your mouth and you shall say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says.’ Whoever will listen let them listen, and whoever will refuse let them refuse; for they are a rebellious people.

Ezekiel 3

But when I speak to you, I will open your mouth and you shall say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says.’ Whoever will listen let them listen, and whoever will refuse let them refuse; for they are a rebellious people. v27

On several occasions in Ezekiel 3, God reminds us that He is in control (see also Colossians 1:16-17).  It is not Ezekiel's job to convince those in exile to turn from their sin - he is to (without fail) simply deliver the message.  In the same way, we as Christians, and fathers (see posts here, here, and here) particularly as spiritual head of the household, must deliver the message of Jesus (see Great Commission) and be Jesus to our families as best as possible as means to allow the Holy Spirit to work in the lives our families.
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and is the ultimate Father - the best Father anyone can ever have!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love.  I am selfish.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.