Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Indeed, to them you are nothing more than one who sings love songs with a beautiful voice and plays an instrument well, for they hear your words but do not put them into practice.

Ezekiel 33

Indeed, to them you are nothing more than one who sings love songs with a beautiful voice and plays an instrument well, for they hear your words but do not put them into practice. v32

God continues to reinforce Ezekiel's role as watchman - to deliver God's message to the people to repent...so that we may have life.

In the New Testament, the role of prophets and the high priest changes as we have a direct line to Jesus and all of us can have a personal relationship with Jesus vs intercession through the prophet or high priest (Old Testament).  James warns us of reading or hearing the Word of God and not putting it into practice.

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. James 1:22-24
 
See also posts on action and being in action.
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love. I worry...and far too much!  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind, and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.