Saturday, July 28, 2018

To stir up wrath and take revenge I put her blood on the bare rock, so that it would not be covered....Now your impurity is lewdness. Because I tried to cleanse you but you would not be cleansed from your impurity, you will not be clean again until my wrath against you has subsided.

Ezekiel 24

To stir up wrath and take revenge I put her blood on the bare rock, so that it would not be covered....Now your impurity is lewdness. Because I tried to cleanse you but you would not be cleansed from your impurity, you will not be clean again until my wrath against you has subsided. v8,13

God uses Ezekiel to give us another parable about sin...about the sin of Israel and our own sin.  We all sin and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23, 1 John 1:8).  In the Old Testament covenant, spilling of blood was required for atonement, and as such animal sacrifice was used.  In the New Testament, Jesus is the ultimate and final sacrifice through the shedding of His blood on the cross...no further sacrifice is required.  Unlike the Old Covenant where Israel's blood is not covered, Jesus covers and washes our sin away (Romans 4:7).  

Additionally, today God reinforces how we all need to be more like Him, and this requires sanctification - an often very difficult process where God sometimes uses harsh punishment and difficult circumstances to mold us into who He wants us to be - the refiner's fire.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who died on the cross for me - thank You Jesus.  You paid the ultimate price so that I would have life.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love.  I worry...far too much.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.