Sunday, July 29, 2018

The merchants among the nations scoff at you; you have come to a horrible end and will be no more.

Ezekiel 27

The merchants among the nations scoff at you; you have come to a horrible end and will be no more. v36

In Ezekiel 25-28, God tells Ezekiel to deliver a warning to Israel's/Judah's neighbors - depicted on the below:


God is warning these kingdoms to be prepared for His wrath.  Particularly striking is God's warning to Tyre where in chapters 26-28, God warns us about growing intoxicated and falling in love with wealth, material things, power, status, and prestige. Many believe (good summary here of one such example) that Satan's fall is a focus in chapter 28, where "[Satan's] heart became proud on account of [his]beauty, and [he] corrupted [his] wisdom because of [his] splendor" (v17).


These messages are important for all of us.

More on pride, material wealth, and humility - the latter of which is God's desire for us. 

Map Source: https://trumpet-call.org/2016/10/03/bible-study-ezekiel-21-instrument-of-gods-judgment

He must become greater; I must become less. John 3:30

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who has blessed me beyond what I deserve!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worthy of all the ways in which You bless me.  I worry...far too much.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.