Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Then they will know that I am the Lord.

Ezekiel 6

Then they will know that I am the Lord. v14

God repeats these words four times.  As a follow up to my post yesterday, it should be clear to us when God is at work, particularly in our own lives.  Now we see in chapter 5-6 that God's anger grows more fierce and terrifying in terms of the punishment that is to be meted out. Yet the question in my mind becomes - how do we wait so long to not notice that God is real, He reigns and wants our submission and obedience.  We should not be frightened by God but instead drawn to Him because He is slow to anger, abounding in love, and full of compassion and grace for He sent His Son so we could be free from the sting of sin and death.

We ALL sin and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23, 1 John 1:8) and we all need a Savior.  Jesus Christ is that Savior.

God is waiting for us to accept Him as our Savior, but His patience is not unlimited.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who is SO patient with me, even though You know everything about me, including my sin.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such a God as You.  I worry far too much...I should not even worry at all.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin. Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.