Monday, July 23, 2018

But it was uprooted in fury and thrown to the ground. The east wind made it shrivel, it was stripped of its fruit; its strong branches withered and fire consumed them.

Ezekiel 19

But it was uprooted in fury and thrown to the ground. The east wind made it shrivel, it was stripped of its fruit; its strong branches withered and fire consumed them. v12

Once again (see Ezekiel 15), we see Israel referred to as a vine that bears no fruit.  Jesus (John 15) referred to Himself and His followers as "the true vine" and the "branches".  For our own good and of course His glory, God wants us to be healthy vines the produce fruit.  But to do so, we must remain in Him.  We must cultivate a relationship with Him and tend to this relationship so that it grows.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who has helped me grow in my faith - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love and tender care.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to and apply Your message for me today and every day.