Sunday, July 15, 2018

I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.

Ezekiel 11

I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. v19

Israel and Judah's hearts had hardened towards God as they worshiped other gods before and above God.  God wants our heart above anything else from us.  He does not want us to follow His commands as an end in itself - our actions and life should be a manifestation of our love of God.  Our love of God and our desire to be more like Him WILL result in a changed heart and as a result we will love others and serve others - just as Jesus did.

For God is not looking for those who cut their bodies in actual body circumcision, but he is looking for those with changed hearts and minds. Romans 2:29 TLB

John 15 - The Vine and the Branches

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who has given me a new heart - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love.  I miss the mark.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.